- 4Tbsp peanut oil
- 2Tbsp heaped spicy harissa (Moroccan paste)
- 1 large red pepper, halved, seeds removed and cut into 12 equal-sized cubes
- 1 large aubergine, halved and each half cut into 12 equal-sized cubes
- 200g halloumi cheese, cut into 16 large cubes
- Mix together the oil and harissa.
- Take a metal skewer and thread a piece of pepper, then aubergine, followed by a piece of halloumi. Repeat, then add another piece of pepper and aubergine at the end. Repeat with all the skewers until all the vegetables and cheese are used.
- Brush all the vegetables evenly with the harissa and oil mixture. Place on a hot braai and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and the cheese is hot and oozing.
As the food and decor editor of Woman&Home, Claire enjoys nothing more than eating great food in beautiful locations. In a perfect world, she would travel for a living and have a Lord of the Rings marathon every weekend.