- 4 x 150g smoked haddock fillets, skin on
- 25g butter, melted
- 4tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2.5cm root ginger, finely chopped
- 2 small green chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 550g potatoes, peeled and cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 250g baby spinach
- Brush the haddock fillets with melted butter and place on a foil lined baking tray. Season with black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large lidded saucepan that will comfortably hold all the vegetables. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add the ginger, chillies, garlic, mustard seeds and turmeric and cook for a further couple of minutes. Add the potatoes, stir well so that they get coated in the spices, season with salt, cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring.
- Add the spinach in handfuls, replace the lid and allow the spinach to wilt. Cook for a further 5 minutes until all the spinach has been added and the potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill to its highest setting and cook the haddock for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through.
- Divide the potatoes and spinach between four warmed plates and place the haddock on top.