- large handful flat-leaf parsley leaves
- small handful tarragon leaves
- small handful mint leaves
- small handful basil leaves
- 200g (7oz) watercress leaves
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g (7oz) mayonnaise
- 2 fennel bulbs
- juice 1 lemon
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 salmon fillets
- Using a blender or sharp knife, finely chop the herbs and 50g (2oz) of the watercress. Stir in the anchovies, garlic and mayonnaise, mix until smooth, season well and set aside.
- Finely slice the fennel then place in a bowl with the lemon juice, 2tbsp of the olive oil and plenty of seasoning. Set aside.
- Heat the grill to medium-high and place the salmon on a foil-lined shallow baking sheet. Season and drizzle with the remaining olive oil, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through. To serve, stir the remaining watercress through the fennel, and serve with the salmon and sauce.