- 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 250g paneer, cut into chunks
- 3 red onions, cut into wedges
- 150g Greek-style yoghurt
- 1tbsp garam masala
- juice and zest of 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- Steam or microwave the squash until just tender, about 5 mins on steam or 3 mins with water in the microwave. Allow it to cool.
- Thread the squash, paneer and onions onto 8 skewers. Put onto a flattish dish. Mix together the yoghurt, garam masala and lemon zest and juice with plenty of sea salt and black pepper. Pour over the skewers and mix well. Leave to marinate for up to 4 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, cook under the grill until browned and bubbling or grill on the braai. Serve with extra lemon wedges and a crunchy salad.
Paneer is a really versatile ingredient that can be used in curries and salads too.
A freelance writer and editor, with 15 years’ experience in the media industry. With a passion for health and fitness, Tammy loves nothing more than researching the latest wellness trends. And if she’s not running around after her sweet four-year old daughter, you’ll find Tammy on her bike, in the gym or exploring the great outdoors – followed by a good coffee, of course!