- 200g asparagus spears
- 200g broccolini spears
- 45ml black and white sesame seeds, toasted
- black pepper
- For the glaze:
- 30ml olive oil
- 60ml Staffords sweet thick soy sauce
- 15ml rice wine vinegar
- 5ml Staffords garlic paste
- Trim the asparagus and broccoli spears and blanch in a pot of boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain and cool under cold, running water, then pat dry using a clean tea towel.
- Heat a griddle pan on the stove.
- Whisk the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl and use to baste the vegetables.
- Sear the vegetables in a single layer, on the griddle pan for 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a serving plate and scatter the toasted sesame seeds over the top.
*Recipe supplied by Staffords.
As the food and decor editor of Woman&Home, Claire enjoys nothing more than eating great food in beautiful locations. In a perfect world, she would travel for a living and have a Lord of the Rings marathon every weekend.