Ginger and amaretto panna cottaPrint This
- 300ml whole milk
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 5 sheets leaf gelatine
- 300ml double cream
- 4tbsp amaretto
- few drops almond extract
- 6 balls stem ginger, sliced into coins, plus 25ml ginger syrup from the jar
- 12 soft amaretti biscuits
- You will need:
- 6 dariole moulds, lightly oiled
- In a large pan, gently heat the milk and sugar, stirring until the sugar has dissolved and you see steam rising off the surface of the pan. Set aside to cool slightly to warm-bath temperature.
- Soak the gelatine in a bowl filled with cold water until soft. Then take it out and add to the milk mixture, stirring until the gelatine has dissolved. Stir through the cream, amaretto, almond extract and ginger syrup. Pour into the moulds set on a small baking sheet and transfer to the fridge to chill for 4 hours until set.
- To serve, invert the moulds onto small serving plates. Top with the stem ginger slices and servewith two amaretti biscuits on the side.