- half a butternut squash, approx 500g (1lb 2oz), cut into small chunks
- 2tbsp olive oil plus a little extra
- 0.25tsp crushed chilli
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 100g (4oz) giant couscous
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- fresh mint, chopped, to serve
- You dont have to peel the squash the skin is quite sweet and tender when roasted. Preheat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Toss together the squash, 2tbsp olive oil, chilli, cumin and 0.5tsp sea salt, then place in a roasting tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Put 600ml (1pt) water on to boil with the salt and 1tsp olive oil. Once boiling, add the couscous and cook according to the pack instructions (times can vary but usually it will take around 20 minutes), stirring occasionally until its soft. Drain and stir in a little olive oil.
- Mix the couscous, squash and chickpeas, then stir in the mint and serve. For non-veggies, this can be served as a salad with grilled lamb cutlets. You can prepare this the day before but omit the herbs. Keep it in the fridge and, when at room temperature, add the herbs, then serve.
140 -185 Calories per serving
This article originated on: www.womanandhome.com