Light, zingy and refreshing, this is the perfect dessert to follow a big meal. Have any leftover fruit salad for breakfast too!
- For The Sorbet:
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lime
- 140g liquid glucose
- 500ml coconut cream
- 200ml coconut milk
- For The Fruit Salad:
- 6 clementines, peeled
- 300g caster sugar
- 3 cloves
- Thickly cut zest from ½ lemon
- 3tbsp yuzu juice (see tip)
- 1 pineapple, cut into cubes
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 3 passion fruit
- You Will Need:
- An ice cream maker
- For the coconut sorbet: In a small saucepan, heat the sugar with 150ml water, the vanilla and lime zest until the sugar has dissolved. Add the liquid glucose, continue to heat and mix until combined. Set aside to cool.
- Discard the vanilla, then mix the syrup base with the coconut cream and milk until smooth. Churn in an ice cream maker until set. Freeze until ready to use.
- For the fruit salad: Place the satsumas in a bowl of boiling water for 2 minutes, drain, allow to cool slightly then peel off any remaining pith, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, gently heat the sugar with 300ml water, the star anise, cloves and lemon zest until the sugar has dissolved, set aside to cool.
- Up to 2 hours before serving, mix the yuzu with the syrup until combined, add the prepared fruit and passion fruit seeds and mix to coat. Serve with a scoop of the coconut sorbet.
Top Tip for making Fruit Salad with Coconut Sorbet: Yuzu juice is from a Japanese citrus fruit. You buy it in small bottles from specialist grocers or online.