Fried Eggs On Courgette RostiPrint This
- "Sometimes it’s the simple things in life that are so rewarding, like this easy breakfast dish."- Tasty Wastenots
- 6 courgettes 45 ml (3 Tbsp) almond flour 5 ml (1 tsp) chopped fresh thyme
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) almond flour 5 ml (1 tsp) chopped fresh thyme
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chopped fresh thyme leaves 2 extra-large eggs Salt and pepper
- 2 extra-large eggs Salt and pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil for frying, about 30 ml (2 Tbsp)
- 4 extra-large eggs, or 8 small ones
- Start with the courgette röstis. Grate the courgettes into a bowl, add the almond flour, fresh thyme and eggs, season generously and combine well with your hands. Take a handful of the mixture and shape it into 8 small balls,
- Take a handful of the mixture and shape it into 8 small balls, then pop them into a frying pan with some extra virgin olive oil. Press down gently to form patties and fry for a few minutes on each side until brown and crispy.
- Place onto kitchen towel to drain the excess oil while you fry the eggs.
- Place the fried eggs on top of the röstis and serve.