- 800g (1lb 12oz) mini chicken fillets
- 1tbsp oil
- juice 1 lime
- 2tbsp light soy sauce
- 2tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2tbsp palm sugar or light brown sugar
- 4tbsp Japanese rice vinegar
- 500g cooked basmati rice
- 250g (9oz) pineapple chunks, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- large handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- large handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- For the chicken, heat a griddle pan to hot. Brush the chicken lightly with the oil, season and cook them in batches for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- For the dressing, mix the lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar and vinegar until combined. Place the rice, pineapple, red chilli and spring onions in a large bowl and toss through the dressing. To serve, stir in the herbs and serve the chicken on the side.