Image credit: Brett-Stevens
- 250ml tomato passata (puréed tomatoes)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 naan breads or roti, each about 15cm long
- 1 zucchini (courgette), very thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum (pepper), thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 100g paneer cheese, roughly crumbled
- Coriander (cilantro) leaves, to garnish
- Lime pickle, to serve
- Preheat the barbecue grill to medium
- Combine the passata, fennel, cumin, chilli flakes and salt in a small bowl.
- Sit each naan bread on a double thickness sheet of baking paper – this will make it easier to lift the pizzas on and off the barbecue grill. Spread the tomato mixture over each naan bread.
- Randomly scatter the zucchini, capsicum and onion over the top, then scatter with the paneer.
- Put the pizzas on the grill, then close the barbecue lid if you have one, or cover the pizzas with a baking tray. Cook for 10 minutes. Lift up the pizzas with a metal spatula to see how they are cooking underneath, just like they do with wood-fired pizzas – a toasty golden brown base is what you are looking for.
- Scatter with coriander leaves and serve warm, with lime pickle on the side.
Passionate digital editor, social media manager and journalist. She gets excited about new trends in the digital industry and as a career-obsessed young woman, she is always ready to learn something new. To take a break from digital, she loves reading hard copy books and magazines. If she’s not working, you’ll find her in a yoga class or running a half marathon. And afterwards with a glass of champagne, of course.