Image credit: Brett-Stevens
- 250ml tomato passata (puréed tomatoes)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 naan breads or roti, each about 15cm long
- 1 zucchini (courgette), very thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum (pepper), thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 100g paneer cheese, roughly crumbled
- Coriander (cilantro) leaves, to garnish
- Lime pickle, to serve
- Preheat the barbecue grill to medium
- Combine the passata, fennel, cumin, chilli flakes and salt in a small bowl.
- Sit each naan bread on a double thickness sheet of baking paper – this will make it easier to lift the pizzas on and off the barbecue grill. Spread the tomato mixture over each naan bread.
- Randomly scatter the zucchini, capsicum and onion over the top, then scatter with the paneer.
- Put the pizzas on the grill, then close the barbecue lid if you have one, or cover the pizzas with a baking tray. Cook for 10 minutes. Lift up the pizzas with a metal spatula to see how they are cooking underneath, just like they do with wood-fired pizzas – a toasty golden brown base is what you are looking for.
- Scatter with coriander leaves and serve warm, with lime pickle on the side.