This super salad recipe is full of flavour and textures. If you try one new recipe this month, it has to be this one!
- For The Pickled Radish:
- 200g mixed radishes
- 2tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 1⁄2tsp salt
- 1tbsp chopped dill
- For The Turmeric Hummus:
- 660g jar chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2tbsp tahini
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 3tbsp olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1tbsp turmeric
- 1tbsp toasted pine nuts
- For The Salad:
- 2 x 192g falafels (from Woolworths or Pick n Pay)
- 2 x 250g pouch ready-to-eat mixed grains
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4tbsp natural yoghurt, mixed with 2tbsp chopped mint
- Flatbreads, to serve
- For the pickled radish: Slice the radishes, put into a jar and cover with the vinegar, sugar, salt and dill. Close the lid and shake well, then set aside for at least 10 minutes to lightly pickle. These will last in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- For the hummus: Tip the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, oil, lemon zest and juice into a blender and whizz until smooth. Transfer to a serving dish or jar, and scatter with the pine nuts to serve.
- For the salad: Cook the falafel and grains according to the pack instructions. Toss the grains with the oil and lemon juice and spoon into a serving platter. Top with the falafel, drizzle with the yogurt dressing and serve with the hummus and some flatbreads.
Top Tip For Making Falafel Salad With Turmeric Hummus: Pickling your own radishes isn’t as hard as it looks and makes a great addition to this tasty salad – you’ll not be disappointed.