- 500g dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 250g butter, cut into 8
- 4tbsp Amaretto
- 8 large eggs
- 100g golden castor sugar
- cocoa powder, to dust
- chocolate curls, to decorate
- crème fraîche or vanilla ice cream, to serve
- you will need:
- 20cm spring-form cake tin, lined with baking paper
- Heat the oven to 220°C, 200°C fan. Melt the dark chocolate, butter and Amaretto in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Meanwhile, put the eggs and sugar into a large bowl and whisk together with an electric mixer for 5 minutes, until the mixture is light and has tripled in volume. Fold in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 30 minutes, before putting into the fridge. Chill for several hours, until needed.
- To serve, cut into 16 portions with a hot, sharp knife, and dust with the sieved cocoa powder. Add chocolate curls and either crème fraîche or vanilla ice cream. Make this only a couple of hours before serving and the cake will have a softer texture, like a melting chocolate pudding.
This article originated on: www.womanandhome.com