- Essentially, creating the perfect fat bomb comes down to combining your favourite elements from each of the following categories:
- Healthy fats: such as cacao butter, coconut butter, peanut or almond butter, coconut oil, coconut milk or cream, dairy cream, cream cheese, grass-fed butter, ghee and avocado
- Low-carb flavouring: e.g. cacao powder, unsweetened dark chocolate, vanilla extract, salt or spices
- If you prefer a little texture: a handful of nuts, seeds, shredded coconut or cacao nibs
- Simply combine your chosen ingredients in a mixing bowl, blender or food processor. A common combination is combining coconut oil, almond butter and cacao powder (if you're using coconut oil, you might like to heat it up a little first, in order to soften it).
- Make it your own by adding sea salt, vanilla extract, cinnamon or cream, or just leave it in all its wondrous simplicity.
- Mould the resulting mixture into small balls or pour into a mini muffin tray or paper cases. Refrigerate overnight, or freeze for 6-8 hours. You can safely keep your fat bombs in the fridge for at least 1-2 weeks.