- 200g butter, softened
- 400g dark chocolate, melted
- 6 eggs, separated
- 225g castor sugar
- ½tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp almond extract
- 150g ground almonds
- 150g fresh raspberries
- for the ganache topping
- 200ml double-thick cream
- 200g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- You will need
- 23cm springform tin, greased and lined with baking parchment
- Heat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan.
- To make the cake, melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl set over simmering water. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar with an electric mixer until light and pale, then stir in the vanilla and almond extracts. In a separate bowl and using the electric mixer, beat the egg whites until they become stiff.
- Add the butter and chocolate mix, and the almonds to the egg yolks and sugar; mix gently. Fold in the egg whites – try to keep as much air in as possible. Pour into the tin and bake for 45 minutes. Once cooled, chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- To make the ganache, place the cream in a medium pan and bring to the boil. Take off the heat and add the chocolate. Allow the chocolate to melt, then whisk to mix into a thick ganache. Spread over the cake with a palette knife and top with fresh raspberries.
This article originated on: www.womanandhome.com