Dahl fritters are a meat-free lentil dream that’s full of flavour and beautifully complimented by minty peas.
- 500g red split lentils
- 2tbsp oil
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1tsp paprika
- 15-20 fresh curry leaves
- Handful coriander, finely chopped
- 4tbsp gram flour or plain flour
- 300g peas
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 2tbsp natural yoghurt
- Handful mint, finely chopped
- Rinse the lentils under cold water and set aside. Heat 1tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the ginger and garlic for 1 minute, then add the spices and curry leaves and fry for another minute. Add the lentils along with 1 litre water. Bring to the boil then simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir in the coriander and flour then leave to cool. Shape into patties and put in the fridge to firm up for 30 minutes. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and fry the patties in batches until browned.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas, drain, then mash and stir in the lemon juice, yoghurt and mint.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.