- 250g bulgur wheat
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 3 lemons
- 400g can green lentils, drained and rinsed
- 200g pitted green olives, chopped
- 7 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and cut into dice
- 60 flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 100g pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- Put the Bulgar wheat into a bowl and cover with boiling water from the kettle, making sure that the water reaches 2cm above the surface. Cover with clingfilm and leave to stand until all the water has been absorbed, this will take around 45 mins. Meanwhile, slice and prep the other ingredients.
- Fluff up the soaked Bulgar wheat with a fork to ensure there aren’t any clumps. Stir through the oil and lemon juice, season with salt and black pepper, then stir through the remaining ingredients.