Creamy Chicken And Coconut CurryPrint This
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 600g boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 400ml coconut milk
- 150ml hot chicken stock
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1tsp coriander seeds
- 2 x 250g packs microwave rice
- 25g flaked almonds, toasted large of handful of coriander leaves
- For the paste
- 3 shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2-4 green chillies
- 3 sticks of lemongrass, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1tbsp soy sauce large handful of coriander stalks pinch of palm sugar
- For the paste, simply whizz together all the ingredients in a blender.
- Heat half the oil in a large casserole, and fry the paste until fragrant. Add the chicken and peppers, and stir to coat. Then add the cinnamon, coconut milk and stock, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, add the cumin and coriander seeds, and cook until fragrant.
- Add the rice and cook through. Serve the rice alongside the curry, scattered with coriander leaves and toasted almonds.