Chicken and tarragon casserolePrint This
- 12 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2tbsp seasoned flour
- 2tbsp oil
- 150g smoked bacon pieces
- 12 shallots or baby onions, peeled and left whole
- 500g portabellini mushrooms
- 2tbsp Dijon mustard
- 500ml chicken stock
- 150ml dry sherry
- 5tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- 3tbsp tarragon, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan. Toss the chicken thighs in the flour. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and brown the thighs on both sides. Youll need to do this in batches. Put them into a lidded ovenproof casserole dish with any leftover flour.
- Now cook off the bacon in the frying pan until browned and crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon to the casserole dish. Lightly brown the shallots in the pan and again, remove with a slotted spoon and add to the chicken. Toss the mushrooms well in the pan on a high heat for a few minutes, then add to the casserole dish with the mustard.
- Put the stock into the frying pan with the sherry. Bring to the boil and add to the casserole dish, scraping up any bits from the pan. Cover and cook in the oven for around 1 hour.
- Strain off the liquid to a saucepan and add the crème fraîche. Bring to the boil then simmer, taste for seasoning and add the tarragon, then pour over the chicken and serve.
This article originated on: www.womanandhome.com