- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 table spoons butter
- 3 cubes chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 butternut squash peeled and cubed 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup cream
- Grease a large saucepan with cooking spray.
- Cook the celery and onion in butter until tender. Dissolve the chicken stock in hot water and add it to the onion along with the sugar, bay leaf, salt, ginger, turmeric and cinnamon. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat and leave it to cool slightly. Discard bay leaf.
- Blend the vegetable mixture into a puree (in batches) and return to the pan. Stir in cream and remove from the heat.
- Serve with a sprinkle of NuSeed balsamic roasted seeds.
*Recipe supplied by NutriSeed.
As the food and decor editor of Woman&Home, Claire enjoys nothing more than eating great food in beautiful locations. In a perfect world, she would travel for a living and have a Lord of the Rings marathon every weekend.