This Mediterranean lamb recipe is so tasty and juicy it will transport you to your last summer holiday. With green olives, garlic and a hefty amount of oregano, it’s full of familiar flavours and aromas that make this dish so great.
Using a boned leg of lamb is a great way to ensure you end up with a really tender piece of meat. This dish is so versatile you could even cook the meat on the braai.
- 100g pitted green olives
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 15g bunch oregano
- 100g whole blanched almonds
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1kg boned leg of lamb
- Place all the stuffing ingredients in a food processor and pulse chop until you have a rough textured stuffing. Season and stuff the boned leg of lamb and tie securely with butchers twine.
- To cook the lamb, preheat the oven to 200 C, gas 6.
- Place the lamb in a roasting tin, season with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle over 1tbsp olive oil and cook in the oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Remove the lamb from the oven and allow to rest for at least 15 minutes before carving.
- Pour the juices from the roasting tin into a small saucepan and keep warm until you carve the lamb. Serve simply with new potatoes and green vegetables. You can also cook the lamb on the barbecue if you have one with a fitted lid. Start it on the hottest point, then move to the edges and cover. It will take around 40 minutes, depending on the heat of your barbie.