- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- 250g cooking chorizo, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp caster sugar
- juice ½ lemon
- 300ml chicken stock
- 250g mini potatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 100g kale, wilted
- handful parsley and spring onions, finely chopped, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and cook on a low heat until softened slightly. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chorizo, turn up the heat and cook for another 2 minutes until the fat starts to seep out – if there’s a lot, drain some off, but leave about 2tbsp in the pan.
- Add the chilli flakes (if using), tomatoes, sugar, lemon juice and seasoning. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the stock and potatoes. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes; uncover and simmer gently for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft, adding the chickpeas for the final 5 minutes.
- Stir through the kale, bring back to a simmer and serve garnished with the parsley and spring onions.