Do you have chocolate vermicelli just sitting in your food cupboard, not being used? Don’t let it go down, instead, use it for these delicious chocolate meringues.
Recipe sponsored by Staffords.
- 5 large egg whites
- 290g caster sugar
- 10ml cornflour
- 5ml white wine vinegar
- 5ml Staffords Vanilla extract with Seeds
- 100g Staffords Choc Vermicelli
- Preheat the oven to 140°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a spotlessly clean bowl, whisk the egg whites, using an electric whisk, for 2 minutes, on a medium speed. Increase the speed to high and whisk for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the sugar a little at a time, and keep whisking on high speed, until all of the sugar has been incorporated and the mixture is firm and glossy.
- Add the cornflour, vinegar, vanilla extract with seeds and ¾ of the choc vermicelli and gently fold in using a metal spoon.
- Spoon dollops of the meringue onto baking paper and top with the remaining vermicelli.
- Place in the hot oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 130°C.
- Bake for 40 minutes and turn the oven off. Do not open the oven door, leave the meringues inside to cool completely or leave overnight.
Passionate digital editor, social media manager and journalist. She gets excited about new trends in the digital industry and as a career-obsessed young woman, she is always ready to learn something new. To take a break from digital, she loves reading hard copy books and magazines. If she’s not working, you’ll find her in a yoga class or running a half marathon. And afterwards with a glass of champagne, of course.