- 400g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
- 250g unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 185g castor sugar
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 60g plain flour, sifted
- 1tsp baking powder
- 125g macadamia nuts, toasted
- Heat the oven to 170°C, 150°C fan. Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Set aside to cool. Whisk the eggs with the sugars until thick and creamy.
- Once the chocolate is cool, fold half into the egg mixture, then add the flour and baking powder, followed by the nuts and remaining chocolate.
- Put in the tin and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the top has cracked and the centre is just firm to the touch. Leave to cool, then cut into squares.
A freelance writer and editor, with 15 years’ experience in the media industry. With a passion for health and fitness, Tammy loves nothing more than researching the latest wellness trends. And if she’s not running around after her sweet four-year old daughter, you’ll find Tammy on her bike, in the gym or exploring the great outdoors – followed by a good coffee, of course!