- 400g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
- 250g unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 185g castor sugar
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 60g plain flour, sifted
- 1tsp baking powder
- 125g macadamia nuts, toasted
- Heat the oven to 170°C, 150°C fan. Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Set aside to cool. Whisk the eggs with the sugars until thick and creamy.
- Once the chocolate is cool, fold half into the egg mixture, then add the flour and baking powder, followed by the nuts and remaining chocolate.
- Put in the tin and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the top has cracked and the centre is just firm to the touch. Leave to cool, then cut into squares.