An easy chocolate fondant dessert recipe that oozes chocolate sauce and is ready in just 30 minutes!
- Melted butter, for greasing
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- 275g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
- 225g unsalted butter
- 400g caster sugar
- 0.5tsp vanilla extract
- 5 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 200g plain flour, sifted
- You Will Need:
- 8 metal pudding bowls or ramekins
- Heat the oven to 180 C, gas 4. Brush the pudding moulds sparingly with melted butter, dust with cocoa powder and shake out the excess. Set aside. Melt the chocolate and butter gently in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar and vanilla extract. Leave to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs into the mixture a little at a time, then fold in the sifted flour and a little salt until you have a smooth mixture.
- Divide between the moulds - each one two thirds full. Place on the middle shelf of the oven and cook for 12 minutes exactly. Remove from the oven, run a knife round the edges, invert and tip out on to serving plates. Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream and fresh seasonal berries.