Chocolate brownies are a go to dessert recipe when you want something really special; whether that’s served warm after dinner or kept in a tin when you want something with afternoon tea.
Full of chocolaty goodness, this chocolate brownie recipe is a great one to try if you’ve not baked brownies before as it’s really easy to follow and there aren’t too many ingredients. In fact you’ll probably have most of the ingredients in this recipe in your store cupboard already. And that makes brownies a really cheap and easy treat to whip up in a flash.
- Melted butter, for greasing
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- 275g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
- 225g unsalted butter
- 400g caster sugar
- 0.5tsp vanilla extract
- 5 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 200g plain flour, sifted
- Heat the oven to 180 C, gas 4 and line a deep baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter gently in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar and vanilla extract. Leave to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs into the mixture a little at a time, then fold in the sifted flour and a little salt until you have a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin, and bake for about 25 minutes.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.