Looking for a dessert recipe that’s a winner every time? Look no further than this lovely cheesecake recipe.
ALSO SEE: Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
- For The Base:
- 200g chocolate and peanut cookies
- 50g butter, melted
- For The Filling:
- 150g dark chocolate, in pieces
- 200ml double cream
- 2 free-range eggs
- 100g sugar
- 500g full-fat cream cheese
- 150g crunchy peanut butter
- You Will Need:
- 20cm springform tin, oiled and the sides lined with baking parchment
- Chocolate curls, salted peanuts and edible gold glitter, to decorate
- For the base, whizz the cookies in a food processor and mix with the butter and a generous pinch of salt. Press into the base of the tin; smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge.
- Heat the oven to 150 C, 130 C fan, gas 2. For the filling, put the chocolate and cream into a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water and leave to melt (don’t stir it too much or it will seize). In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar with an electric hand whisk until pale and thick. Beat in the cream cheese and peanut butter, then fold in the melted chocolate and cream mixture. Spoon on to the chilled base and smooth flat with the back of a spoon.
- Place a roasting tin half-filled with boiling water in the bottom of the oven (the steam will prevent the cheesecake cracking), then bake on the middle shelf for 1 hour 15 minutes or until just set but slightly wobbly in the middle. Cool in the fridge immediately – this also helps prevent cracking. We decorated ours with chocolate curls, chopped peanuts and edible gold glitter.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.