- 5tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1tbsp each soy sauce and sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tbsp grated root ginger
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 200g basmati rice
- 100g peas
- 1 egg, beaten and seasoned
- Handful coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Put the hoisin, soy, oil, garlic, ginger and chicken in a bowl. Stir well. Marinate for at least 15 minutes. Heat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan. Line a baking tray with a double layer of foil and place the chicken breasts on top. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, basting with excess marinade.
- Meanwhile, place the rice in a lidded saucepan with 400ml water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes. Add the peas for the last 2 minutes. Heat a small frying pan and add a drizzle of oil, then the beaten egg. Cook until golden on both sides. Cut into thin strips.
- Stir the coriander, spring onion and chilli into the rice. Slice the chicken and serve with the rice and omelette strips.
This article originated on: www.womanandhome.com