This chilled avocado and cucumber soup with watercress and lime is a vegan recipe that can be served hot or cold.
- 1tsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 85g watercress
- 3 avocados, stoned
- Juice 2 limes
- Heat the sunflower oil then cook the onion and cucumber for 5 minutes with a good pinch of salt over a medium heat until just softened.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil then take off the heat. Add the watercress and stand for a few minutes until it has wilted.
- Once this soup base is cool enough, place in a food processor or blender and pulse. Scoop out the avocado with a spoon, add the flesh to the processor and pulse until smooth. Taste for seasoning.
- Add the juice of both limes. Place in a bowl, cover the surface directly with clingfilm, then cover again. Store in the fridge until cold.
- To serve, check for seasoning as cooling will dull the flavours, then serve with ice cubes.
If you're following a high fat, low carb diet like the Keto diet, this is an ideal lunch recipe.