- 200g smoked streaky bacon
- 250g tenderstem broccoli
- 660g jar chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 roasted red peppers (from a jar), cut into strips
- A large handful of rocket
- For the dressing:
- 6tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3tbsp sherry vinegar
- Grill the bacon until crispy; drain on kitchen paper.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling, salted water for 3 minutes then drain and refresh under cold running water.Whisk together the dressing ingredients and season.
- Toss the broccoli, chickpeas, peppers and rocket in the dressing. Put into a serving bowl then roughly chop the bacon and scatter over.