- 250g chickpea flour
- 2tbsp olive oil, plus extra
- 1tbsp herbes de Provence/mixed herbs
- 1tbsp chilli flakes
- 1tsp sea salt
- 2 free-range egg whites
- To Serve:
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 175g small tomatoes, halved or quartered
- fresh basil leaves
- Put the flour in a large bowl. Whisk in 450ml cold water, the oil, herbs, chilli and salt. Beat the egg whites until stiff then fold into the batter. Cover with clingfilm until you are ready to serve.
- Mix the ricotta with plenty of seasoning. Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan then add some batter, about 5mm deep. Once the edges are starting to brown, flip over and cook for a few minutes. Keep warm and repeat with the rest of the batter. Serve cut into triangles with the ricotta, tomatoes and fresh basil.