Chickpea and aubergine salad brings a real taste of the Middle East to your table. Perfectly delicious and moreish with a light yoghurt dressing.
- 400-500g baby aubergines, halved lengthways
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried with a kitchen towel
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 200g Greek yoghurt
- 1tbsp tahini
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2tsp runny honey
- 3-4tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Toss the aubergines in half the oil. Put on a large, shallow baking tray – keep them spaced or they will steam, not roast. Season well and roast for 20 minutes. Now toss the chickpeas in 1tbsp oil with 1½tsp cumin, spread them out on another tray and roast for around 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the yogurt, tahini, remaining olive oil, lemon juice, honey and remaining cumin until smooth, then set aside.
- Toss the aubergines with the chickpeas, sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds, drizzle over some of the dressing and serve the rest on the side.