This citrus chicken traybake is an easy but impressive weeknight dinner recipe to add to your repertoire.
- 500g chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 red peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 200g baby new potatoes
- 6 seedless clementines, peeled and halved
- Basil, to serve
- Heat the oven to 190C.
- Toss the chicken thighs in a little of the oil and season well. Place on a baking tray and put into the oven to bake for 45 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a separate roasting tin, spread out the garlic, peppers, red onions and potatoes. toss in the remaining oil and season well. Put into the oven with the chicken for the remainder of the cooking time.
- 15 mins before the end of the cooking time, add the clementines to the vegetables. When you are ready to serve, scatter over some fresh basil.
We’ve left the skin on the chicken thighs, as it makes the meat really flavourful and juicy, but you can remove after cooking if you prefer not to eat the skin.