- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 250g button mushrooms, wiped and halved
- 125ml dry white wine
- 500g jar white sauce
- 2tbsp freshly chopped mixed herbs
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the chicken and cook until it’s browned on all sides.
- Stir in the mushrooms and wine and cook over a high heat for a further 3 minutes, or until the wine is reduced by half. Stir in the white sauce and simmer for about 15 minutes, or according to jar instructions, until the chicken is cooked.
- Stir in the herbs and season with salt and pepper. You can serve this casserole with white rice flavoured with saffron.