These chicken bites would work well as a starter or as a lovely braai dish. You’ll need to marinate the chicken with the tikka paste in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but this means the flavour is really ramped up when it comes to cooking.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thick strips
- 50g Woolworths Tikka Masala Easy Indian Curry Paste
- Little oil, for frying
- 2 to 3 Baby Gem lettuce hearts, separated
- 4tbsp mango chutney
- 300g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
- For The Raita:
- 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and finely chopped
- 150ml Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Mix together the chicken and tikka paste in a ziplock bag and leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Prepare the raita by simply mixing together all the ingredients and season.
- Add the oil to a wok and cook the chicken for about 10 minutes until cooked through. You can also put the chicken on the braai. Arrange the lettuce on a serving dish. Spread on a bit of chutney, some tomatoes, spring onions, the chicken and a few blobs of raita.
This article originated on: www.womanandhome.com
Serve these chicken bites on baby lettuce with mango chutney, baby tomatoes, spring onions and a dollop of tasty homemade raita.