Chicken breast with salsa topping and SunGold Kiwifruit saucePrint This
- 30ml olive oil
- 4 whole chicken breasts (500g)
- 150g watercress, washed, to serve
- For the kiwifruit purée
- 4 Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit
- zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
- juice of 2 medium lemons
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- salt, to taste
- For the salsa topping
- 1 Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit, chopped and peeled
- 10ml lemon juice handful coriander, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
2. For the purée, slice the SunGold kiwifruit into halves and spoon the fruit out into a blender or food processor. Add the lemon zest and juice, coriander and 1tsp salt, and purée on medium speed until smooth. Pour through a fine sieve to remove the SunGold kiwifruit seeds, if desired, and set aside.
3. Heat a large ovenproof skillet on high and add the olive oil. When hot, cook the chicken breasts, skin-side down, until the skin crisps and becomes golden. Turn the breasts over, and roast in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until cooked. You’ll know it’s done when clear juices run after inserting a fine knife into the thickest part of the breast.
4. For the salsa, toss the SunGold kiwifruit, lemon juice and coriander together.
5. To serve, top the chicken with the salsa and the watercress, then the chicken sliced into 2 to 3 pieces. Spoon the reserved purée over the top.