- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 5cm cubes
- 1tbsp ground cumin
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 410g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4tbsp ground almonds
- large handful spinach
- juice 1 lemon
- To garnish:
- 25g toasted, flaked almonds
- 1tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the chicken and cumin, and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, ground almonds and 100ml water. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the spinach and lemon juice. Cook for a couple of minutes until the spinach has wilted. Sprinkle the toasted almonds and mint over the top. Serve with brown rice.