- 50g Butter
- 1 Large onion, sliced
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 2 Heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2tbsp Dijon mustard
- 850ml Hot chicken stock
- 300ml Milk
- 200g Very strong Cheddar cheese
- 8-10 Slices streaky bacon
- 8-10 Red chicory leaves, shredded
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Cook gently without colouring for 10 minutes until softened, then add the cauliflower, potatoes and mustard and cook for a minute before adding the stock and milk.
- Bring everything to a gentle simmer, then cook for 15 minutes or so until the potato and cauliflower are tender, add some seasoning and the cheese then whizz in a blender until smooth. Keep warm while you grill the bacon until very crisp, then crumble on top of the soup with the chicory and serve.
Intern Digital editor at woman&home magazine. … Experienced digital editor with a demonstrated history of working in the media production industry.