This tasty soup recipe is a great light soup. Carrots and coriander make this orange soup pop even brighter, and add a whole lot of important nutrients to your meal.
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 5cm piece root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 500g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 6 heaped tsp Greek yoghurt
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onions, ginger and garlic and sweat for 5 minutes, until soft but not coloured.
- Add the ground cumin and cook for a minute, then add the carrots, butternut squash and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, reduce to an enthusiastic simmer and cook for 20 to 25 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Purée the soup in an electric blender until smooth, stir in the coriander and serve in warmed bowls with a spoonful of yogurt on top.