- 250g Tennis/coconut biscuits, finely crushed
- 200g butter, melted
- 7 cups (1,75 litres) milk
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup (105g) cake flour
- 100g cornflour
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla essence
- 50g butter
- 1 box (90g) caramel instant pudding
- 1 cup (250ml) fresh cream
- 1 tin (360g) caramel condensed milk
- 1 slab (90g) milk chocolate
- Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter, and press onto the bottom of a deep, square 30-cm dish. Chill until needed.
- In a large microwave-proof bowl, heat 4 cups (1 litre) of the milk with the sugar for 10 minutes in the microwave (high setting).
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, 2 cups (500ml) milk, the flour, cornflour and vanilla essence until smooth.
- Mix the flour mixture with the hot milk and microwave for 12 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes until the mixture is thick. Beat in the butter and leave to cool.
- Whisk the remaining 1 cup (250ml) milk and instant pudding together. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream to soft peak stage and fold into the instant pudding.
- When the custard is cool, start the layering. Pour the custard over the chilled biscuit layer, smooth the caramel condensed milk over the custard, then add the instant pudding mixture. Grate the chocolate over the top and refrigerate overnight.
Intern Digital editor at woman&home magazine. … Experienced digital editor with a demonstrated history of working in the media production industry.