Caramel CheesecakePrint This
- 200g ginger nut biscuits
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 450g full-fat cream cheese
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 3 large free-range eggs and 2 free-range egg yolks
- 150ml double-thick cream
- ½ x 397g tin Nestle Caramel Treat
- Physalis, to decorate
- You will also need a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin, lightly oiled, and a large roasting tin
- To make the cheesecake base, put the biscuits in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Mix the crumbs with the melted butter and press on to the bottom of the tin with a spoon. Leave in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Heat the oven to 150°C, 130°C fan, with a roasting tin in the bottom filled with boiling water. This will create a steamy environment for the cheesecake to cook in, helping to stop it cracking.
- With an electric hand whisk, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy, add the sugar and whisk again. Gradually beat in the eggs and then stir in the cream. The mixture will be runny – don’t worry! Pour into the prepared cake tin, place on a baking sheet and bake in the middle of the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes or until the cheesecake is set but still has a slight wobble.
- Let it cool, then put the cheesecake in the fridge. When it has cooled and set, gently remove it from the tin. Spoon the caramel on top and serve.