Recipe sponsored by Staffords.
- 15ml oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 10ml Staffords garlic paste
- 5ml Staffords chilli paste
- 15ml Staffords ginger paste
- 10ml ground cumin
- 30ml mild or medium curry powder
- 5ml turmeric
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 60ml Staffords sticky chicken marinade
- 45ml Staffords apple jelly
- 180ml water
- 600g chicken pieces, roasted
- 80ml –125ml cream
- Salt and milled black pepper
- Fresh coriander
- To serve:
- Roti breads
- Staffords apple jelly
- Heat the oil in a pan and brown the chicken pieces on both sides and transfer to a plate.
- Return the pan to the stove and gently fry the onions for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chilli, ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the ground cumin, garam masala, turmeric and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, sticky chicken sauce, apple jelly and water.
- Return the chicken pieces to the pan, bring to the boil, simmer, cover and cook for 35-45 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, season to taste and garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve with rice, roti and apple jelly.
Passionate digital editor, social media manager and journalist. She gets excited about new trends in the digital industry and as a career-obsessed young woman, she is always ready to learn something new. To take a break from digital, she loves reading hard copy books and magazines. If she’s not working, you’ll find her in a yoga class or running a half marathon. And afterwards with a glass of champagne, of course.