Transport yourself to the sunny shores of Brazil with a Caipirinha cocktail this New Year’s Eve. If you like mojitos, you’ll love the Caipirinha.
- One 75ml bottle cachaça (or white rum)
- 8 limes
- 16tbsp unrefined caster sugar
- A big bag of ice
- Halve the limes and squeeze the juice into a large jug. Throw in the limes, then muddle (you could use a rolling pin if you don’t have a muddler) the limes and sugar together well (until mushy).
- Add a third of the ice and crush it into the mixture. Stir it well then add the Cachaça/white rum.
- Stir and taste – you may want more sugar and lime but it should have quite a kick. Add the rest of the ice and serve.
Top Tip for making Caipirinha Cocktail: You can use vodka instead but then it's a Caipiroska.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.