Burrito bowls are a healthier way to enjoy all the flavours of a hearty burrito. We’ve cut back on the carbs with this easy Mexican meal idea, sacrificing the typical bread wrap for extra fresh veggies. This recipe serves two, but if you’re cooking for one you can keep the leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 1 corn on the cob
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 200g raw king prawns
- 2tbsp Mexican spice mix
- 250g microwave Mexican rice, we used Tastic's
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 little gem lettuce
- Lime, chilli and coriander, to serve
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking. Char the corn on all sides until cooked and slightly blackened. Remove from the heat and slice the corn from the cob with a sharp knife. Set aside.
- Bring a large frying pan to a medium high heat. Add the oil and cook the prawns for around five minutes, until just pink. Add the spice mix and cook for a further minute.
- Cook the Mexican rice in the microwave according to packet instructions.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves, avocado and sweet corn in bowls. Add the rice and the prawns and garnish with lime, chilli and coriander to serve.