This bruchetta with beans and roasted peppers make us completely review what we previously thought about bread and toppings.
ALSO TRY: Beans And Meatballs recipe
- 600g canned borlotti or cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 large roasted peppers (from a jar), thinly sliced
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1 head of garlic, sliced in half
- 40g sun-dried tomatoes
- 4tbsp chopped ﬂat-leaf parsley
- 1 large ciabatta loaf, split lengthways then halved
- Heat the oven to 180C fan, gas 6. Tip the beans into a large roasting dish along with the garlic, 2 of the sliced peppers and 2tbsp of the olive oil. Season to taste then bake for 15 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- In a food processor or blender, blitz the remaining pepper and olive oil with the sun-dried tomatoes to create a loose paste. Stir the paste through the warm beans and set aside while you toast the bread.
- Drizzle a little extra oil over the slices of bread and return to the oven until lightly toasted and brown. Stir the parsley into the beans, spoon on the toasts and serve.