- 200g tender-stem broccoli, cut into thin slices
- 8 rashers back bacon
- 8 large eggs. lightly beaten
- 100ml milk
- 75g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2tsp olive oil
- You will need:
- A 20cm nonstick frying pan
- Heat the grill to medium high. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the broccoli. Simmer for 2 or 3 minutes, or until just tender. Run under cold water to cool, then set aside. Grill the bacon until crispy, turning during cooking. When cool enough to handle, roughly chop, then set aside.
- In a large jug, mix the eggs with the milk, stir in the Parmesan and chives, plus seasoning, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan over a medium heat, add an even layer of the broccoli and the bacon then pour over the egg mixture. Cook for 5 or 6 minutes, or until the bottom is lightly browned and it's starting to firm up in the middle. Tilt the pan occasionally to spread the mixture. Remove the pan to the grill and heat for3 or 4 minutes or until golden and cooked through.