Breakfast piePrint This
- 300g all-butter shortcrust pastry
- 75g cubed pancetta
- 125g chorizo, thickly sliced
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 large eggs
- 200ml double-thick cream
- 50g Gruyère cheese, grated
- you will need
- 23cm fluted flan tin, lightly oiled, and baking beans
- Use the pastry to line the flan tin without trimming the overlap. Chill for 10 minutes. Heat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan. Line the pastry with foil and baking beans, and bake blind for 20 minutes, removing the foil and beans once lightly browned and baking until the pastry is cooked. Remove from the oven. Trim off the excess pastry with a small knife. Reduce the oven temperature to 170°C, 150°C fan.
- Meanwhile, fry first the pancetta, then the chorizo, in a non-stick pan until browned, then drain on kitchen paper, discarding the fat after each batch. Scatter on top of the pastry.
- Whisk the egg yolks, whole eggs and cream together, and season. Carefully pour into the flan tin, sprinkle the cheese over the top and bake for 25 minutes or until just set. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out on to a plate.
This article originated on: www.womanandhome.com