- 500g beetroot
- 2tbsp sherry or balsamic vinegar
- 100g goat's cheese
- 100g rocket leaves
- For The Dressing:
- 40ml olive oil
- 2tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- 2tsp pomegranate molasses
- For The Praline:
- 160g caster sugar
- 100g blanched almonds
- Cook the beetroot in boiling water for 15-25 mins until tender. Remove and allow to drain, allow the beetroot to cool for a few mins until you can handle them. Rub the skins off, and slice the beetroot into 5 mm rounds.
- Preheat the oven to 200C, Gas 7. Toss the slices with a glug of olive oil and roast for 15-20 mins until slightly charred. Take out of the oven and toss through the vinegar. Set aside.
- Whilst the beetroot is cooking make the praline: Grease a clean baking sheet with a splash of oil. Toast the almonds for 5-8mins until golden. Whilst they are toasting, heat the sugar in a non-stick frying pan until it melts and turns to caramel (don’t stir it at this stage, shake the pan if it melts unevenly). Add the warm toasted almonds and swirl through the caramel to combine. Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet and allow to cool and set.
- Place the leaves, goat's cheese and beetroot on a platter and top with the dressing.
- Once the praline is completely cool, roughly chop and sprinkle over the salad.
Top Tip: Serves 6 as a side salad or 4 as a starter. Praline can be made ahead but be sure to store securely in a plastic ziplock bag or similar or it will go sticky and soggy.